We love having visitors over and kindly request to communicate with us in time for any intended visits. We live here and have lots going on and need some notice so we can be prepared for visitors the best way possible! Preferably at least 24 hours before your intended visit.
We have 3 accommodation options available for visitors to Khula Dharma.
You can either camp, stay in one of our rooms in the retreat space or apply for longer term rental of one of our vacant earth homes.
Visitors can reach Khula Dharma with their own transport but if you need an airport pickup or from East London we will try our best to assist with transport for R500 one way or otherwise we can book a private transport service for R700 one way.
Each room in the retreat space is equipped with two or three single beds, bedside tables, shelves and a solar powered light. All our buildings are built with natural resources from the land. The retreat space has shared compost toilets and outdoor showers heated by a donkey boiler.
As we are completely off the grid, there are no electrical plug points in the retreat space nor are there luxuries such as televisions or fans however you are welcome to charge your devices in the lapa during the day.
To make coffee and tea and cook basic meals for breakfast and lunch, you are welcome to use the basic cooking facilities we have setup in our outdoor Lapa.
R150 pp camping per night
R300 single room per night
R400 per double room (2 people) per night
R500 per triple room (3 people) per night
This includes a wholesome plant based dinner eaten communally.
Self catering cabins & houses
We are in the process of creating more houses and cabins Natural Homes for long term rental (2 months or more) will be available from October 2022 onwards from R3000 per month. Contact us for options to stay with us longer.
For now we have a few nice grassy spots to pitch a tent and are busy preparing our new camping space!
Suggested Packing List
- It's generally always moderate or warm weather here, so pack mostly light and airy clothes. It does get a bit colder at night, and in winter months.
- Walking shoes and socks - if you have the space you could bring gumboots
- A sun hat
- Easy wear clothes and swimming gear (we sometimes go down to the beach and there is also a dam to swim in on a hot day!)
- Towels for showering and swimming
- Sun screen
- Biodegradable toiletries and laundry soap/powder (we have a washing machine if you need it - sun dependant)
- Torch and candles
- Musical instruments
- Journal for note taking/painting/drawing
- Your own snacks, food and drinks (we are far from the shops) - we are a vegan community, so please don't bring any meat or dairy 🙂