We have three options available for visitors to Khula Dharma. You can either camp, stay in one of our rooms in the retreat space or apply for longer term rental of one of our vacant earth homes.
Each room in the retreat space is equipped with two single beds, bedside tables, shelves and a solar powered light. All our buildings are built with natural resources from the land. The retreat space has shared compost toilets and outdoor showers heated by a donkey boiler.
As we are completely off the grid, there are no electrical plug points in the retreat space nor are there luxuries such as televisions or fans however you are welcome to charge your devices in the main house during the day.
If you wish to cook for yourself, you are welcome to use the basic facilities we have setup in our outdoor Lapa.
R250 per single person, per night
R450 per double room (2 people) per night
Breakfast ingredients included (fruit + oats + toppings).
Meals (lunch/dinner) available @ R50 per person. 100% vegan & wholesome.
Self catering cabins & houses
We are in the process of creating more houses and cabins for those that wish to stay in their own space
We are busy preparing our new camping space for visitors who wish to setup a tent
Suggested Packing List
- It's generally always moderate or warm weather here, so pack mostly light and airy clothes. It does get a bit colder at night, and in winter months.
- Walking shoes and socks - if you have the space you could bring gumboots
- A sun hat
- Easy wear clothes and swimming gear (we sometimes go down to the beach and there is also a dam to swim in on a hot day!)
- Towels for showering and swimming
- Sun screen
- Biodegradable toiletries and laundry soap/powder (we have a washing machine if you need it - sun dependant)
- Torch and candles
- Musical instruments
- Journal for note taking/painting/drawing
- Your own snacks, food and drinks (we are far from the shops) - we are a vegan community, so please don't bring any meat or dairy 🙂