We invite you to join us as we renovate our communal kitchen and deepen our understanding and skills of natural building with Carrie Cat (See her amazing Facebook page heARTh eARTh ART). This will be a week long course with a combination of theory and practical skills.
The following theory topics will be covered:
– Design and plans
– Site analysis
– Comparison chart of building materials and techniques
– Understanding soils (sand and clay)
– including a practical soil identification workshop
– Fundamentals of building
– Loads, compressive and tensile strength
– Passive Solar Design
– Earthen plasters and lime plasters
– Earthen floors
– Rubble trench foundations
This will be accompanied by practical sessions including:
– building a cob oven
– a rocket stove
– earthen plaster
– lime plaster wattle and daub
– adobe bricks
– cob walls
– dung and linseed flooring
Price: R3 500 (early bird special = R3 000 to be paid in full by end of February).
Cost: 7 nights accommodation in our traditional thatch huts (2 people per room) + 3 vegan meals per day + theory and practical course fee and printed and online notes Please get hold of us if you are interested or would like some more info at: email@example.com or 078 191 2080 for more info!