(Willing Workers On Organic Farms)
You will be expected, like all WWOOFERs, to work for about 6 hours a day for 5 days a week (Monday to Friday) in exchange for food and accommodation.
What will be required of you at this time of the year is mainly cutting back growth/bush and weeds; some planting of seedlings; watering; repairs & maintenance; cooking; cleaning and so forth .
Some of our community members, might require some help from time to time with building and maintaining their new homesteads too.
This option is for people that wish to have more free time and flexibility with the work schedule.
The same type of work will be required of you yet the hours will be less and we will try to work with your interests and skills, however you will be required to provide your own food.
in the “Farm House”
You will be staying in your own bedroom in the “Farm House” which is an old house used by wwoofers and visitors and also some members of our community.
You will be expected to clean up after yourself in the kitchen and bathroom as well as keep your own room tidy and clean.
We have outdoor compost toilets.
If the house generally needs a clean then you will be expected to help out with that too.
We are vegetarian so our meals are simple and mostly from the land.
You will prepare/ help prepare your own meals in the Farm House.
Please provide your own snacks, the shops are far away!
- Walking shoes and socks - if you have the space you could bring gumboots for rain and also for protection from snake bites (no one has ever been bitten by a snake here but there are snakes of course!)
- Slops or sandals
- Gardening gloves
- A Sun hat
- Easy wear clothes + swimming gear (we sometimes go down to the beach and there is also a farm dam to swim in on a hot day!)
- Towels for showering and swimming
- Sun screen
- Biodegradable toiletries and laundry soap/powder (you will hand-wash your own clothes, no machine here!)
- Torch + your own candles, candle holders and matches – we are off grid so be prepared
- Yoga mats
- Musical instruments
- Journal for note taking/painting/drawing
- Your own snacks and drinks (we are far from the shops) Please note we don’t have a fridge either.
- You can bring a computer/cell phone