We have three options available for visitors to Khula Dharma. You can either camp, stay in one of our rooms in the retreat space or apply for longer term rental of one of our vacant earth homes.
Camping – R80 pp/night, you will use the compost toilets and outdoor showers in the retreat space with the option of using the communal kitchen for an additional R20pp/night.
Each room in the retreat space is equipped with two single beds, bedside tables, shelves and a solar powered light. All our buildings are built with natural resources from the land. The retreat space has compost toilets and outdoor showers heated by a donkey boiler.
As we are completely off the grid, there are no electrical plug points in the retreat space nor are there luxuries such as televisions or fans however you are welcome to charge your devices in the main house during the day.
We are still in the process of equipping the retreat space with a self-catering kitchen and for the time being the communal kitchen in the main house will be available for all your catering needs.
Please send us an email to enquire about our current rates.
We are preparing to be able to accommodate visitors wishing to stay for longer periods of time. The Hill currently has a few vacant houses which we are in the process of renovating to be fully equipped units for long term leasing. If you are interested in potentially visiting for a while, please contact us to request additional information regarding what options are available.
- Walking shoes and socks - if you have the space you could bring gumboots
- A Sun hat
- Easy wear clothes and swimming gear (we sometimes go down to the beach and there is also a dam to swim in on a hot day!)
- Towels for showering and swimming
- Sun screen
- Biodegradable toiletries and laundry soap/powder (you will hand-wash your own clothes, no machine here!)
- Torch and candles
- Musical instruments
- Journal for note taking/painting/drawing
- Your own snacks and drinks (we are far from the shops)